Thursday, July 19, 2007

Standing Rabbit Monster

I think I have created a Radar monster after attending the Rabbit Clicker Training class last Saturday! My rabbit, Radar, now stalks me every time I’m at home and stands up on purpose with an expectant look on his face because he expects to receive a food treat every time he stands up! (I taught him to stand up during the rabbit clicker training class). My husband said Radar has me very well-trained! I think I will have to carry a belly pack full of treats for Radar as well as the clicker whenever I’m at home.

This morning, Radar tapped me while I was adding hay to his hay rack, stood up, and waited for me to give him a treat. He even tries to follow me into the restroom! When I come out of the restroom, I find him standing in the hallway as he waits to receive a treat from me. So my new name for Radar is “Standing Monster.” I think I will have to teach him a different trick so he doesn’t drive me crazy with his standing behavior which is too outstanding for my tastes!

No comments: